Welcome to my Blog.

The Blog is a record of photographs of Road Steam Vehicles that I have taken and events attended.

I would welcome any feedback or comments please feel free to contact me here.

Sunday 11 June 2017

Amberley Museum 11 June 2017

After spending Saturday night at the Travelodge at Heston Services the plan today was to start at the Mid-Summer Steam Show at Amberley Museum then drive back home to Devon via the Copythorne Steam and Vintage Rally (near Southampton) and then the Vintage Rally at West Bay.

First part of the plan worked out well and arrived at Amberley just after it opened.  Barrie Woods excellent Museum Guide suggested that there could be a few based here and the website indicated some visitors so I arrived in anticipation of seeing a good number of engines.  Unfortunately only three visitors and not as many based engines about as I thought there would be, so a bit disappointed.  Having said that if I had come here with no pre-conceived ideas it would have been fine and there is plenty of other things to see here including a number of trains and it is a good half day out.











No comments:

Post a Comment